VANRATH are assisting with the recruitment of a Associate - ICM for a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries.
This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for a professional who wants to progress their career in the Legal industry and widen their knowledge in a Global organisation that places immense value on their staff. This organisation builds rewarding careers for their staff, with many opportunities for progression.
This is a Monday - Friday (Permanent) position. Hybrid working - 2 days at Home, 3 days in Belfast City Centre office.
Highly Competitive Salary and Fully Negotiable + Fantastic benefits from Global Firm & Progression Opportunities
This role is for an associate position in our International Capital Markets team based in Belfast. Ideally, applicants should have a background in International Capital Markets - e.g. in Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives or Securitisation. However, the team will also consider applications from candidates with a strong Banking & Finance background who are willing to learn.
- Lead growing teams of junior team members (Legal Professionals) to work with instructing offices on client matters in the area of International Capital Markets
- Work closely with Partners and instructing teams in our global network to define and deliver legal services projects and services in the area of International Capital Markets
- Establish and maintain the highest standards for quality, efficiency, and service including quality controlling the work of more junior members of the team.
- Manage and report on progress and liaise with internal and external clients to address points of relevance or concern and resolving queries and issues.
- Provide legal expertise, including drafting, reviewing and amending documentation, document management, legal research, maintaining and improving templates and precedents.
- Identify and develop innovative service lines supporting strategic firm practice groups and clients.
- As required, participate in business development and client pitches, pricing decisions, and client service discussions, including direct interaction with key client and instructing team stakeholders.
- Represent and promote the Belfast office across the global network in meetings, instructing team discussions, and with clients.
The Ideal Person
- Experience in an area related to international capital markets (e.g. debt capital markets, derivatives or securitisation) - although applicants with a strong Banking & Finance background will also be considered.
- Experience leading and co-ordinating complex multi-faceted matters, including multi-jurisdictional matters large teams on large matters on international projects.
- Experience of managing teams and supervising junior lawyers and/or trainees.
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement, commercial awareness and critical thinking.
- Flexible, resourceful and prepared to take a hands-on-approach, comfortable operating in what is essentially a rapidly evolving new business and interested in identifying and shaping that evolution.
- Strong focus on detail and high levels of self-motivation.
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work.
If you would like more information on this or any other role please contact Phil.firstname.lastname@example.org in the strictest confidence on 02890330250. Thanks.
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and
support to our clients and candidates