Are you a qualified ATT or CTA? VANRATH are partnered with a leading professional services firm seeking an Associate Director to specialise on VAT compliance.
This company is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. They're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world they bring a different experience to their clients. Every day their teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
They're also always happy to talk about flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares to support you balance your work and life.
In recent years, there has been a domestic and global trend of governments shifting emphasis from direct to indirect taxation. Globally, while corporation tax rates have generally decreased, VAT rates have risen.
What's more, businesses now face complex VAT systems, case law, guidance and legislation. Companies need to comply with thorny VAT rules when entering new markets, stretching out globally or joining international supply chains. Meanwhile, liabilities, errors and assessments can also attract interest and penalties. Our client aims to help their clients overcome these challenges and take control of indirect tax.
As an Associate Director in our VAT Compliance team you will:
- Help lead VAT Compliance team in delivering consistent high quality VAT compliance work across the national Indirect Tax client portfolio.
- Often be 'the last line of defence' responsible for reviewing and signing off high volumes of compliance VAT returns and a range of other documents.
- You will be required to be compliant with the firm's risk management processes for clients starting from initial take on to completion of assignments.
- Ensure that more junior staff are guided in researching and producing work that meets the firm's commitment to quality, whilst also supporting the Directors and Partners.
- Keep up to date with relevant updates in legislation, case law, and HMRC guidance and apply this in your role.
- Produce work which requires minimal review and conveys key points to clients and stakeholders.
- Support the development of more junior members of the VAT compliance team.
- Work with diverse range of clients from large corporates to OMBs and not-for-profit bodies.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Joining us as an Associate Director, the minimum criteria you'll need is UK experience of VAT / Indirect Taxes, perhaps from an advisory or in-house environment. You'd probably also hold a relevant UK tax qualification (CTA / ATT).
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, the client will help you develop along the way.
- Experience of managing a large and varied portfolio of indirect / VAT tax clients.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be able to demonstrate that you are able to forge long standing business relationships.
- Comfort when working as part of a mixed discipline team and taking the lead and driving forward a project to its conclusion.
- Experience of advising on complex technical indirect tax matters.
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other senior accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.