- Job Reference: RAAQS100523
- Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Residential Property Developer)
- Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 DOE + package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
VANRATH are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work for a growing Residential Property Developer, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£25,000 - £40,000 DOE + package
Our client is a growing, well backed, Residential Property Developer committed to the highest standards of House Building.
They are based in Belfast with developments currently in Belfast and surrounding areas. The business have a lot of developments in the pipeline and are going places.
Due to their continued success and growth they have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis.
The Role Overview:
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and working closely with other areas of the business, the Assistant Quantity Surveyor will aid the Senior Management team in seeking to minimise all costs and risks of construction projects and enhance value for money in a planned and cost-effective manner through detailed and accurate cost control methods.
Feasibility and Pre-Construction Duties:
- Assist in completing Feasibility Study for development appraisal for prospective sites
- Assist in completing budgets for all development sites prior to site commencement
- Production of Site Project Plan in conjunction with Site Manager
- Help develop sensitivity analysis on site developments with finance
- Assist in completing Cashflow Analysis from the site Project Plan
- Assist on advising on expected Forecast Costs on whole job
- Undertake supplier negotiations to include rates and credit terms and the maintenance of price lists and agreements
- Be responsible for subcontractors, tendering, negotiations and contracting
- Buying - quarterly review of agreed rates for best value for money
- Purchase Orders
Operational & Planning:
- Approving invoices on Xero and matching with existing quotation for payment
- Production and Maintenance of Construction Budgets inc. detailed take-offs
- Monitor site progress in accordance with Project Plan and Company Milestones
- Resource cost planning within Project Plan to allow Cashflow to be completed
- Pricing of Variations as requested by Client
- Site visits and monitor progress in order to help prepare monthly bank valuation report
- Assisting in interrogating monthly CVR reports on each site and advise on Price of Work Done to Date vs Actuals with Senior Management Team
- Analysing expenditure and comparing cost of work done to date on specific projects
- Involvement of implementation of KPI's e.g. monitoring site progress vs expected milestone dates
- Relevant paperwork, tracking and reporting as required for the above tasks.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or other Construction related subject
- 2+ years' experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Good commercial skills and awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Strong numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Career focused and driven to succeed
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion