VANRATH are delighted to be assisting a reputable client with the Recruitment of an Assistant Operations Manager to join their dynamic and growing team in their Belfast Office.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 09:00 - 17:00
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
- Assisting with the efficient and effective route planning and fleet maintenance to ensure collections and deliveries are fulfilled on time and to specification.
- Assisting with scheduling and management of production in our mailing house.
- Carryout daily briefings with driver's, print and production staff ensuring all equipment and materials required are provided and that work requirements are understood.
- Commitment to ensuring customer service levels are maintained.
- Review operations throughout day and resolve any issues as required to ensure work is completed on time and to specification.
- Liaise with evening manager to action reported issues from previous days driver debriefs, ensuring problems are resolved promptly and efficiently.
- Daily reporting on operational performance to Operations Manager.
- Liaising with Customer Services Team and other staff as required to ensure that customers' requirements are met and that the company maintain their high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor employee performance including absence management, welfare meetings, performance management and appraisals.
- Carryout driver induction training including H&S, manual handling training and periodic product/service training.
- Working pro-actively as part of management team to promote and lead by example of best practice with regards to customer service, health and safety and data protection and performance.
Essential Skills Required:
- At least 2 years' experience in logistics/despatch management, or 2 years minimum experience in a customer service or production within a relevant business/industry
- High level of competence with MS Office applications.
- Proficient in the use of both cloud and local based IT Systems.
- Knowledge of Database systems and Processes.
- Professional approach with good communication skills
- A commitment to training and coaching staff to perform at their best
- Able to motivate staff and manage performance improvement.
- Able to assist with writing standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
- A commitment to H&S and Data protection and acting as role model in best practice/compliance.
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''