An excellent opportunity for an immediately available candidate to advance their experience in Community Development, within a large Public Sector organisation.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer plus a range of benefits including:
- Annual leave entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Benefits package exclusive (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
Acting as Assistant Community Development Officer, you will be responsible to the Community Development Officer for the programming, organisation and development of activities for groups within and outside council community centres, contributing to the work of a community development team within both the designated area and citywide.
To coordinate and integrate the service work in the promotion of community development, equality of opportunity and the promotion of good community relations.
To initiate and assist local groups or organisations, through community development, to meet their objectives.
Applicants must demonstrate at least one years workplace experience in the following:
- Organising and developing community development programmes of activities; and
- Supporting and supervising volunteers.
- 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Ability to work on a rota basis, with some evenings
- Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Pubic Sector role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…