VANRATH are delighted to be supporting a leading FMCG organisation based in Belfast who now require an Assistant Buyer to join their dynamic team on an initial long term contract.
What's in it for you?
- Salary - Up to £30,000
- 5% completion bonus
- Hybrid working
- Maternity cover
- Excellent working environment
About your next employer
As Assistant Buyer, you will optimise the contribution of the assigned product portfolio to the overall sales performance and profitability of both the business and their Retail Partners in Northern Ireland. This will be achieved by building strong supplier and customer partnerships which will enable sustainable sourcing and supply of quality products, at optimum prices and in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience at buyer level with responsibility for managing product portfolios within the food/wholesale industry
- Previous experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of working on a cross functional or cross departmental basis
- Proven track record of delivering commercial results
- Ability to meet targets
What you'll do
- Reviewing product range on a regular and ongoing basis reflecting best practice category management principles and informed by market and consumer research, marketing and sales department input and supplier innovations
- Revising promotional activities in accordance with market conditions
- Monitoring the performance of all products in terms of volume, margin contribution and market share and taking appropriate steps as necessary to achieve operational targets
- Developing and communicating category management plans to all departments and customers ensuring their full understanding, buy-in and implementation with a view to optimising sales effectiveness and profitability
- Developing detailed promotional strategies and plans to optimise revenue and margin opportunities within the promotional spend budget
To apply today contact Ethan Boylan in the strictest confidence.
Some positive candidate feedback we've received-
''5*'s for Vanrath. They found me a suitable agency post right away, it was a great fit, now I have got the job permanently! Very personable and knowledgeable to deal with and always took the time to understand and help out. Extremely professional service all round.''
''I contacted Vanrath after being laid off by my previous employer. They were fantastic to deal with and found me the perfect role that matched my skill set and experience and within a day or two had an interview lined up. Within the same week I was made a job offer which I happily accepted. So thankful that I contacted Vanrath. Couldn't have asked for a quicker and more professional service.''
''My experience with Vanrath has been so positive. They were very professional but friendly at the same time. The whole process has been excellent and I've secured a job that I really wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to go through Vanrath again in future as there was no waiting about and they continually kept me updated throughout. Thanks so much again.''