I am pleased to be working with a renowned medical engineering company based in Belfast. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions my client is investing heavily in their already established finance function to help meet the needs of a growing business. We are currently recruiting for two experienced Assistant Accountants to report directly to the Financial Controller.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the very best talent in a busy market.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- In-house training from a fantastic finance team
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working after probationary period
My client is currently undergoing a huge period of growth due recent acquisitions and organic development. Having recently increased their staff to 110 and further growing their finance team, my client is a powerhouse in their industry. My client continually provides market leading technology and supplies to the medical community and remains the largest privately owned distributor to the healthcare sector. An exciting company, which just continues to grow.
This role has come about due to internal growth within the current finance team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Controller and be responsible for two Accounts Payable Assistants. This role allows for an interesting day to day working life due to the variety of tasks to carryout daily and offers career progression. Moreover, my client is implementing a new system within the next 24 months, which is a fantastic learning opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Credit control and cash allocation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Monthly variance analysis
- Preparation of VAT returns including TSS, intrastat etc.
- Processing monthly payroll
- Intercompany recharges and reconciliations
- Supporting the purchase ledger team
- Cash management and bank management to include lodgements and reconciliations
- Month end close
- Fleet Management
- Support the end of year audit process and deal directly with auditors
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to an accounting technician or part-qualified accountant with experience in is essential the successful applicant has previous exposure to management accounts and journal postings. The successful candidate should have the following:
- Part qualified (IATI, ACCA,CIMA)
- Accountancy related degree or something similar
- Previous experience preparing management accounts
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills- V-lookups and Pivot Tables
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC and FD and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.