VANRATH is pleased to be assisting a dynamic engineering firm, as they recruit for an Assistant Accountant to join their young and thriving business. Due to company expansion, our client is keen to attract a talented accountancy professional keen to further enhance their skillset and gain career progression. Our clients sought after product are sold cross the globe, with a revenue of £1.8mil in 2022, which is set to double in 2023.
Our client has a generous package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent on a busy market…
- Career progression
- Competitive salary
Reporting directly to the Director, the successful Assistant Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day running of the finance function and play a vital part in the companies continuing growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining both the sales ledger and the purchase ledger
- Accruals and pre-paymnets
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Month end reporting to include variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years' experience in a fast-paced finance function where they have previously carried out bank reconciliations and maintained a high-volume ledger successfully. The ideal Assistant Accountant will meet the following criteria:
- At least 1 years' experience in an accounts-based role
- Demonstrable experience working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience producing financial reports
- Ideally, previous experience in manufacturing
- Ideally, working toward IATI, ACCA or CIMA
A great opportunity for a young professional to join an already established finance function, and further enhance their skillset in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Our client will provide excellent in-house training and ensure career progression.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.