Assistant Accountant (Craigavon, Office Based)
VANRATH is delighted to be searching for an Assistant Accountant for a family-owned retail business in Portadown. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing finance function and work alongside the management accountant and gain exceptional experience to enhance your career.
- 38 days annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for all general duties with regards to the finance function. The Assistant Accountant will provide assistance with management accounts and will work alongside the management accountant.
- Preparation of month end reports and management accounts.
- Preparing various journals.
- Assist with monthly salary information for external payroll.
- Provide assistance for purchase & sales ledger
- Analysis of monthly balance sheets.
- Manage attendance software
- Assisting with management accounts for online businesses
The Ideal Candidate
The Assistant Accountant needs to communicate with various stakeholders within the business and must be able to remain focused on priorities to meet deadlines. You must meet the following criteria:
- At least two years' experience in a fast-paced account's environment
- experience preparing management accounts to Trial Balance
- IT literate, experience in MS Office packages including strong excel skills
- Experience working in an office environment
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Xero. (training will be provided)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.
LinkedIn Chanel Gillen