VANRATH is delighted to be working with a well-known commercial landmark in Belfast. Having been established as the home of ground-breaking entertain within Northern Ireland, VANRATH are keen to attract a commercially astute Assistant Accountant to work in already established finance function. If you are keen to progress your career in a dynamic and vibrant organisation, this is the role for you. The Assistant Accountant will report the the finance manager.
Our client has a fantastic remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate:
- 31 days holiday, increasing with service
- Hybrid working after training period
- Staff discounts
- Free parking on-site
VANRATH are looking for a driven IATI/AAT qualified or a part-qualified CIMA candidate, who is keen to further progress their career in a commercial environment. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Daily reconciliations
- Stock and variance analysis
- Purchase and sales ledger duties
- Journal postings
- Maintain accounting systems and controls
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual with 2+ years in a similar role and preferably have in working in a fast-paced commercial business for 5+ years. Also, VANRATH would be keen to see candidates who are IATI/AAT qualified or CIMA part qualified. The successful Assistant Account should meet the following criteria:
- IATI/AAT qualified or CIMA part qualified
- Proficient with Excel and accounting packages (ideally Sage 50)
- Strong commercial experience & excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills dealing with a range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills to forge close working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external bodies.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
A great opportunity for a finance professional to take the next step in their career. This opportunity will allow you to work directly with the FD and Company Accountant, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page