VANRATH is delighted to be working with a reputable company, compiled of over 70 companies across Europe and has an annual turnover of 2.1 billion per year. With 25,000 employees across the globe, our client is growing rapidly and requires an Assistant Accountant to join their already established finance team. The successful Assistant Account will report to the Finance Manager and will carry out varied accounting tasks, including month end procedures and variance analysis.
Our client has a generous renumeration package on offer for the successful candidate…
- Hybrid working
- Career Progression
- Competitive salary
The Assistant Account will be responsible for various task and will play a vital part in the group reporting for our client and the month end process. The successful candidate will ensure robust accounting record are maintained and carry out task as directed by the finance manager. The successful induvial will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare NI site specific journals, calculate and maintain prepayments and accruals
- Calculate and agree intercompany balances and settlement.
- Assist in preparation of management accounts
- Variance analysis.
- Support NI Finance Managers on any required analysis including prior month cost and revenue impacts, and deep dives to understand the underlying position.
- Maintain NI Fixed Asset register.
- Prepare assigned balance sheet recs, ensuring accurate and timely completion
- Support on budget and forecast uploads
- Assist with year end audit
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) and have previous experience in a busy finance function, with exposure to month end process and detailed analysis. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) (essential).
- Experience of working in a similar role and with a desire to progress and develop
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent (desired).
- 5 GCSEs grade A* to C to include Maths and English
- Good excel skills and ability to understand complex models and analysis
- Effective time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident in analysing large volumes of data
- Ideally previous experience using SAP
A fantastic opportunity to join a well know organisation which can offer an exceptional learning and development platform. With support from the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have great support to learn and develop a career.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.