An expanding engineering firm based in Antrim are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join their team to cover a period of maternity, this role is initially being recruited on a 9-month contract with a view to go permanent.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Industry leading salary
- Initial 12-month contract with view to securing a permanent contract
- Joining a dynamic, fast-paced international business
- Supportive working environment
VANRATH are delighted to be working with a successful engineering business based in Antrim who are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join their team to cover a period of maternity.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the production of accounts to TB, along with taking responsibility for general accounts administration. This is an important role for the business and they would ideally like candidates to have previous experience of using Sage Line 50, to assist with the training process. This role will also allow the incoming Assistant Accountant to get involved with the monthly management accounts process, ideal for candidates at the Part-Qualified level.
The Ideal Person
If you are an Assistant Accountant and are available to for an initial 12 month contract, with strong systems experience;
- Assistant Accountant with management accounts experience
- Strong systems experience including MS Excel (Pivots and vLookups)
- Comfortable with journal postings, accruals, and prepayments
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Available to start immediately
As an Assistant Accountant you will:
- Assist with the production of monthly management accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Month end close
- Analyse financial statements
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ethan Boylan in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.