VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for a well-known FMCG. Our client is a NI Top 100 company, and has had their annual turnover increase by 18%. The successful Assistant Accountant will gain excellent exposure across the UK and European retail market. With an already established finance team, the Trainee Accountant will learn from the best and report directly to the Financial Controller.
Our client has a fantastic remuneration package on offer the successful candidate…
- Flex start/finish times
- On site car parking
- Free Parking
- Study support
- Company Discounts and Shop
- Fantastic company pension
A varied role offering hands on experience across all elements of fast-paced transactional finance function and the preparation of weekly management accounts. Due to the nature of the business, stock, and variance analysis will be carried out daily and the successful candidate will be responsible for commentaries on this and the presenting of information to the senior finance team. The successful Assistant Accountant will be possible for the following:
- Preparation and reporting of weekly management accounts
- Timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts
- Input into quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Year-end statutory accounts preparation and associated audit queries
- Variance analysis and commentaries
- Reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts
- Review of margin reports and monthly management accounts
- Improvement projects to develop best in class finance delivery and participate in business unit improvement initiatives
- Maintain robust and efficient systems, processes and controls
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a IATI qualified or a part-qualified accountant keen to purse their professional exams. The successful candidate will energetic and driven and want to work as a key team member of a busy finance function. The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Currently training to be an accountant, qualified (or part qualified) accounting technicians and those who are qualified by experience.
- Excellent academic track record
- Highly computer literate including strong Excel experience (including ability to pivot/lookup)
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage
- Diligent and accurate, with a high-level attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
A fantastic opportunity for driven individual who wants to pursue a career in accountancy and finance. With a fantastic learning environment, and the clear career progression pathways, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy and Finance jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah O'Doherty in the strictest confidence