Part- Qualified/ Assistant Accountant
VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting for a Part- Qualified/ Assistant Accountant for a well-known manufacturing company in the Belfast area to assist within the established finance function to help meet the needs of a growing business. This is a great opportunity for a trainee/ Part- Qualified accountant to build upon their skills and develop their career and qualify as an accountant.
Daily tasks include:
The successful candidate will assist the site accountant in all management accounts and month end procedures.
- Assist with monthly management accounts including accruals and prepayments.
- Processing payroll (monthly/ Bi weekly)
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the Purchase & sales ledger
- Using the in house accounting systems and controls daily
- Direct staff in financial procedures and processing of accounts
- Support other members of the Finance Team in the analysis of information and ad hoc financial reporting.
- As part of the Finance team ensure good housekeeping standards, safety and security standards.
- Manage the direct debit system and prepare the monthly prepayment journal.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years' experience in a commercial setting and be proficient n Sage.
- ATI /ATT Qualification or CIMA, ACA, ACCA or QBE
- Proficient in SAGE Line 50 Accounts & Sage 50 Payroll or equivalent payroll software
- Experience in payroll preparation, both biweekly and monthly.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience in Excel
- Team player with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to forge close working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external bodies.
- Car parking
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression and support from a finance function
- Healthcare and dental package
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page