Assistant Scientific Officer
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Assistant Scientific Officer to support our scientific public sector client in their upcoming research projects.
The role will initially run for 3-6 months, with a high chance of extension and progression routes for the right candidate.
Full time, 37.5 hours a week Mon - Fri.
£11.70 p/h + holiday pay + pension
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including a science subject
- General science background would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Collection, sorting and opening of samples, recording any non-conformances on Excel spreadsheets and alerting the Lab Manager.
- Data input (logon) into the DSIB DU Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Clear labelling of samples.
- Carry out a broad range of microbiological techniques.
- Work to standards required by ISO17025
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering diagnostic results within specific time schedule
- Adherence to health and safety regulations for microbiological laboratories
- Maintenance of laboratory records. This involves working with Excel spreadsheets, scanning, filing and emailing paperwork to clients.
- Disposal of laboratory waste and responsibility for routine cleanliness, calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- Preparation of samples for testing.
- Any other duties as required.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other scientific or data roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aoife O'Kennedy in the strictest confidence.
028 90 330 250