VANRATH are assisting a multinational law firm with the recruitment of a AML/KYC Compliance coordinator. This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career and widen their knowledge in a Global organisation that places immense value on their staff.
This is a Monday - Friday Permanent Full-Time Position. Initially this role will be working from home based.
This organisation builds rewarding careers for their staff, with many opportunities for progression.
£22,500 - £25,500 + Excellent Benefits Package from a major Multinational Firm
- Undertake day-to-day compliance activities in line with AML obligations
- Provide all aspects of support to the Firm, its Partners and offices with regard to the AML/KYC function within New Business Intake (NBI)
- Diligently review and assess the AML and reputational risks associated with all new client and matter requests submitted via the Firm's intake system (Intapp) in order to perform KYC/CDD
- Perform detailed investigations to identify presence of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) or Closely Related Associates (CRAs), Adverse Media and Sanctions, utilising a number of trusted industry sources (such as World-Check, D&B, Hoovers, Lexis Nexis), providing a concise rationale for false or positive 'match' decisions
- Conduct independent verification of client due diligence information using additional research methods
- Make sound and educated decisions regarding the existence and validity of possible AML, Sanctions or reputational concerns and complete subsequent follow up activities
- Conduct thorough beneficial ownership investigations in order to provide results to local offices and ensure compliance with Firm policies and procedures
- Thoroughly document research and analysis completed on clients and/or matters in a manner suitable for review by internal and external stakeholders e.g. Regulators, Audit, Risk and Compliance
- Provide results of screening and client due diligence undertaken to offices at agreed frequencies and work to address any CDD concerns
- Periodically evaluate existing client profiles in order to keep client files up-to-date
- Conduct enhanced due diligence and monitoring of higher risk relationships
- Review results of ongoing screening and monitoring activities to determine if further action or escalation is required, clearly documenting results and decisions made
- Operate within agreed SLAs and confidentiality standards
- Bachelor's degree required (2:1 or above preferred)
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF requirements and financial crime risks associated with the range of services in the legal industry
- Good relevant AML experience
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Experience of AML/KYC/Due Diligence processes and systems
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening
- Ability to manage processes efficiently, with accuracy and attention to detail
- A recognized AML/Compliance qualification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments
For further information on this opportunity, or any other position in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…