Accounts Technician (Exclusive Opportunity)
VANRATH is delighted to be working exclusively with a well-known professional services business as they increase the size of their finance team to meet the needs of a growing business. My client has recently increased their stuff from 60 to 90 and opened new offices in England. My client has been involved in many high-profile projects across Ireland and the UK and is continually building their portfolio.
My client has a fantastic remuneration package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent in a busy market.
- Cash health plan (company paid)
- 20 days holidays plus public and bank holidays (after completion of probationary period birthday off) - holidays between Boxing Day and New Years Eve for office closure are not included in annual leave allowance
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- One professional membership paid each year (e.g. IATI)
- Annual training allowance of £500
- Health & well-being focus
- Staff away days/study trip participation
- Discounted parking at Titanic
This role is part-time and will work very closely with the finance manager to help complete management accounts and month end processes. The successful candidate will report directly to the FD and work closely with other members of the finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Balance sheet nominal account reconciliations (Pensions, PAYE, VAT etc)
- Processing of VAT returns (UK)
- Processing fee notes to clients
- Knowledge of intercompany transactions
- Bank reconciliations & familiarity of on-line banking
- Use of computerized finance systems & document management systems
- Processing of payroll (ROI)
- Processing of VAT returns (ROI) and completion of annual declarations
- Experience of Sage Line 50/Line 200
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of document management systems
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a busy finance department and ideally be a qualified accounts technician or be working toward a qualification. It would also be beneficial if the successful candidate had previous system migration exposure too. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent at a minimum of Grade C (must include maths & English language)
- Completion & qualification of IATI (Institute Of Accounting Technicians In Ireland) or equivalent qualifications such as part qualified accountant
- Good team player
- Ability to prioritise diary & work to strict deadlines
- Can-do/pro-active attitude
- Previous experience preparing balance sheet reconciliations and month end processes.
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FD and gain exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FD.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.