Accounts Payable Clerk
VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk for one of Ireland's largest publishers. My client reaches millions of people daily, through printed and digital means and continues to provide the best for their consumers. My clients' AP function was originally outsourced but is now moving in house. The AP Clerk will report to the AP Team Lead and will be responsible for the processing and payment of all trade invoices for the business.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid working options
- Career progression
- Benfits package
A new and exciting role, which can offer an experienced finance professional the next step in their career. This role is project heavy initially to help move all AP and financial reporting in-house of my clients well established business. The successful candidate will process payments and invoices and weekly payment runs.
- Preparation and calculation of self-bill invoices for newspaper and magazine publishers;
- Processing of invoices and credit notes received direct from suppliers to POs;
- Processing of monthly carrier payment;
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts;
- Weekly payment runs (both SAP-generated EFT files to bank, and manual banking online payments) in both Euro and Sterling;
- Prepare and issue remittance advice to suppliers;
- Resolution of price or quantity variances between supplier invoices and Reach's SAP system;
- Prompt reply to both internal and external queries;
- Reconciliation of (1) GRIR, and (2) aged and debit balances in creditors ledger;
- Completion of new vendor set-up or supplier amendments; and
- Other ad hoc work.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a transactional finance function. Moreover, advanced Excel skills and previous use of SAP would be beneficial. The successful individual will have strong attention to detail and be comfortable communicating with internal teams as well as customers for, query resolution purposes.
- Excel- advanced level experience
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team is critical to this position.
- Ability to be flexible in line with the demands of the job
- SAP AP experience would be a benefit but not essential.
A truly fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to enter a renowned business, with ties across the UK and Ireland. For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy and Finance jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah O'Doherty in the strictest confidence