VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for an already established finance function. Due to organic growth and two recent acquisitions my client is keen to expand their finance function to meet the needs of a growing business. My client is well-known within the construction industry and had many years of experience, delivering the best. The successful candidate will report directly to the FC.
In this role, you will assist in a range of tasks which will greatly help the existing finance function. You will be responsible for assisting with the management account process to include journal preparation, forecasting, budgeting and gain exposure to a vast market across the UK and ROI. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing petty cash claims
- Assistance with the month end journals and the management accounts process
- Assistance with the detailed budgeting and forecasting process
- Assistance with intercompany journals and reconciliations
- Assistance with TSS supplementary import declarations
- Various other accounts/administrative tasks as they arise
Purchase Rebate Element:
- Responsibility over straight line rebate calculations based on rebate agreements using excel on the rebate database.
- Reconciliation of supplier rebate returns to the rebate calculations performed at various points in the year with emphasis placed on the year end.
- Close interaction with the buying team and suppliers to resolve queries.
- Assistance as necessary with rebate collections and raising manual invoices.
- Various other rebate related tasks as they arise
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to someone who has previously worked in a similar role for a minimum of 2+ years. The successful candidate should have the following:
- A highly numerate and analytical individual with keen attention to detail
- An organised and proactive person, who can work on their own initiative
- Someone with strong time management skills, able to easily prioritise tasks, consistently meet deadlines, and ensure time is used effectively
- Someone who enjoys problem solving and can see a project through to completion
- Strong Excel skills including use of formulas such as "IF" and Vlookup
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels within the organisation both internally and externally
- Experience in a relevant finance role
- 3rd level relevant qualification
- Experience in using advanced Excel functions such as Pivot tables
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and the Assistant Accountants and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC. For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland