Accounts Assistant (Exclusive)
VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for an already established finance function. Due to organic growth and two recent acquisitions my client is keen to expand their finance function to meet the needs of a growing business. My client is well-known within the construction industry and had many years of experience, delivering the best. The successful candidate will report directly to the FD.
My client is a trailblazer in their industry and is keen to bring on a recent graduate, who is keen to ascertain and progress in a career in finance. My client has a brilliant learning environment for anyone wanting to build up a professional finance career. This role would be best suited to a recent graduate, with an interest in accountancy and finance. Full in-house training will be provided by the current accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing petty cash claims
- Assistance with the month end journals and the management accounts process
- Assistance with the detailed budgeting and forecasting process
- Assistance with intercompany journals and reconciliations
- Assistance with TSS supplementary import declarations
- Various other accounts/administrative tasks as they arise
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be recent graduate with a degree in finance, accounting, business, or something similar OR have worked for a minimum of 1 year in a role which is highly numeric. The ideal individual will be driven and want to develop their career in accountancy and finance. My client would be happy to offer study support, to any candidate keen to further their career. The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, to include Maths and English
- Results driven
- Ability to work to tight deadlines. Comfortable liaising with stakeholders
- Highly numeric
- Genuine interest in pursuing a career in accounting and finance
- Good team player
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and the Assistant Accountants and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.