VANRATH is pleased to be working with one of Northern Ireland's best-known companies. My client is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant. The successful candidate will report to the Company Accountant and play a vital role in an already established finance function. This role offers career enhancement opportunities and progression, as the successful applicant will gain a wide variety of experience across all parts of a busy finance function.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the best talent in a very competitive market.
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- Half day Friday
- In-house training
In this role, the successful candidate will assist in all areas of the finance function, allowing for a varied day to day workload. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in monthly close and reconciliation process
- Review, categorise, prioritise, and action all purchase requisitions for all departments
- Deal with supplier queries
- Support Procurement processes and the AP function
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting and analysis
- Assist in year-end stock take
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years' experience in an accounts-based role and be keen to further progress their career within Finance. It is desirable, that the successful candidate have previous experience in AP, month end procedures, bank reconciliations and have used a computerised accounting package. The successful candidate will have the following:
- The successful candidate must have a 5 GCSEs to include Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- At least 1 years' experience working in a busy finance admin team.
- Experience using software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook and Databases.
- Knowledge of the different functions in a Finance Team.
- The successful applicant must be driven and have an analytical mindset.
- Exceptional communication skills t deal with in-house teams and clients/suppliers.
A Fantastic opportunity to enter a well-known, home grown business. My client has a friendly working environment and can offer career progression and training on the job. A great role for any driven finances professional to further enhance their skill-set in an already established finance department.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.