VANRATH are delighted to be working with a local firm seeking to take on an Accounts Technician into their team Belfast.
This role is ideally suited to an accounting technician with ability to assist the team in accounts payable/accounts receivable and experience in journal entries.
Overall responsibility is assisting the team in preparation of accounts to trial balance.
- Bank reconciliations, liaising with the transaction processing team as required to resolve queries.
- Identification of and preparation and posting of general ledger journals including accruals, prepayments, payroll journals, fixed assets journals and all other required GL adjustments;
- Maintaining fixed assets registers, processing fixed asset events such as additions, disposals, revaluations, depreciation, and reconciliation of the fixed asset register to the general ledger.
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Collation of management accounting packs for review, including lead and supporting schedules.
- Preparation of VAT returns for review by Management Accounting Lead and GCVR team
- Ensures effective controls are in place to maintain compliance
- Ideally ATI qualified but not essential
- Experienced using Xero, Sage or Quickbooks
- Advanced Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Macros)
- 2 Years in a similar role
For further information on this vacancy, or any other practice based accountancy job in Belfast please contact Kilian Gargan for a confidential discussion.