A leading public sector body in Armagh is currently recruiting two Accountants to join their finance teams and assist with an upturn in work. This role would suit a Qualified Accountant who is interested in joining an organisation who provide an essential service to the local communities.
What's in it for you?
- £38,000 - £42,000
- Immediate start
- Free parking
About your next employer
VANRATH are pleased to be partnered with a leading public sector employer based in Armagh, who are recruiting two Accountants to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join an organisation that provide an essential service to the local communities.
The Accountants will be responsible for preparing financial accounting information, management and updating the fixed asset register and ensuring compliance within the month and year end processes. To be considered for this role it is essential to have previous experience in a similar role, with a track record of managing complex budgets.
These contracts are initially for a minimum term of 6 months, however there is an opportunity that they will extend beyond the initial term due to business requirements. If you are keen on gaining experience within the public sector, ths could be an excellent opportunity to join a supportive environment who can facilitate that learning.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 2 years' experience working in a fast-paced department
- Strong IT skills (MS Excel)
- Available to start at short notice
- Knowledge of public sector accounting (desirable)
What you'll do
- Prepare financial accounting information, preparation and completion of schedules and reconciliations
- Updating fixed asset system
- Prepare management accounts
- Treasury management
- Supervision on ledger staff
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan for a confidential chat today.