Are you looking for an all round Commercial Accountant role within a hugely profitable medical company?
In order to attract the very best Accountant for this role a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Great salary
- Autonomy to make this role your own
- Team Management experience
- Huge opportunity to develop
Reporting to the Financial Director this Group Accountant role is responsible for all aspects of Group Financial Management and monitoring of the internal control environment.
Core Responsibilities include;
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for the operational management.
- Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts and continued monitoring and review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances.
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to stock and cash balances.
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies and savings.
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified accountant / QBE / Part Qualified
- Proven ability to develop and improve working procedures and processes
- Highly organised and efficient with ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met
- IT literate, and proficient in Excel
For further information on this vacancy, or other Senior Accountancy opportunities in Northern Ireland, please contact Adrian Harrison in strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.