VANRATH has partnered with a leading Brand Builder that is extremely passionate about unleashing the potential of their customers, team and brands.
This role is home based with travel to Head Office (Belfast) and new, current, and lapsed clients within your geographical area as required
Monday - Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm (37.5 hours weekly), Hybrid working.
£40,000 - £45,000 + 20% annual bonus, car allowance and expenses.
Strategy, Planning & Development:
- Work with the National Accounts Controller to understand to execute the sales plan at a local level by taking orders and maximising features in store.
- Highlight gaps and opportunities through the National Accounts Team
- Understand the white space in the NI Market - where do we not have presence, where should we have presence, and deliver against a plan to close down all gaps in Year 1.
Process & Financial Management:
- For new accounts, manage the commercial agenda in line with NI Pricing / Promo guidelines - ensure that all stakeholders are aware of anything outside of process, and that sign-off through Commercial Controller / Director / Finance Director is achieved prior to customer proposals.
- To be fully accountable for P&L of accounts within your area of responsibility, building and agreeing an investment plan for the customer particularly Lynas, FFI and Musgrave C&C.
- To manage all of the above responsibilities and associated business processes using financial tools
- Drive sales and manage the trade promotional spend as well as developing retailer category plans to ensure that space is increased whilst achieving product ranging, pricing and space objectives in accounts particularly focusing on NPD.
- Deliver against all KPIs by pro-actively tracking performance of your accounts, implementing course correct tactics as necessary and driving a dynamic, cross functional, collaborative way of working to maximise the performance of your business area.
- Ensure that high quality preparation is done prior to your customer meetings and that customer meetings are appropriately structured and run, to maximise business opportunities.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders within Field sales function, Operations, Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Marketing and Customer Support to ensure effective customer service is maintained for all accounts.
- To be responsible for working with the Commercial Controller to highlight short, medium and long term targets for our Principle Brands and own brands, both within our current customer base, and within the customer base of the future.
- Integrate into the UK team, and play a pivotal role in motivating UK Field Team, and work with Head Office Account Manager to ensure a joined up approach.
- Share category trends and insights to facilitate decision making and product ranging, leading to a greater presence for the brand portfolio.
- Utilise key contacts within your network to create new business opportunities and establish a broad and diverse customer base
- Drive distribution, visibility of the portfolio and leveraging listings to further establish distribution.
- Execute and activate new product launches to maximise brand exposure in store and digitally.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to drive product range distribution, visibility of the portfolio and leveraging listings to further establish distribution.
- Provide insight into the NI Distribution Matrix - demonstrate monthly progress against distribution targets, and develop reporting solution to facilitate this.
- Provide monthly sales analysis into customer performances and key product developments.
- Commercial analysis of customer data to provide quarterly business forecasts to highlight new opportunity, review contract performance against target and identify sales planning to secure contracted revenue.
- Provide general support to management by being flexible to work additional hours and assist with overflow work from colleagues as needed to ensure that the business runs smoothly.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating and collaborating with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and management.
- Participate in all essential and required training to carry out your role efficiently and safely.
- Participate in and attend departmental or Company meetings as required.
- Ensure that company health, safety and environmental policies are observed at all times when conducting duties or when escorting visitors/customers on site.
The Ideal Person:
- 2-3 years previous experience managing high-level accounts or experience of managing complex Corporate customer portfolios.
- Strong commercial acumen to enable development of commercial propositions which can be developed into account plans and implementable in outlet execution plans.
- Understanding and confidence with P&L management and with management of both volume and profit forecasting processes.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills to enable the development of highly effective internal and external partnerships.
- Experience of budgetary management - trade investment.
- Experience in category development or customer category development.
- Ability to analyse data to drive informed decisions.
For further insight into this vacancy and fantastic company please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.