VANRATH have partnered with one of the World's largest professional services businesses to hire a UX Designer to their Belfast team.
PwC is a business that is committed to ensuring its people are equipped with tomorrow's skills to drive success for its clients today.
Having invested £40m into the creation of their Advanced Research and Engineering Centre in Belfast, part funded by Invest NI, PwC are creating a team of engineers and technologists who'll work within a bigger innovation ecosystem, including government, University academia and business, to help clients take giant leaps, rather than incremental steps.
The Advanced Research and Engineering Centre, based in Belfast, delivers pivotal breakthroughs to uncover the next generation of operational technology. As part of a team of innovative thinkers, you'll work together to design solutions that will define the next decade and beyond.
- In order to attract the very best talent on the market a highly generous remuneration package is on offer, plus a range of fantastic benefits.
- Flexible approach to hybrid working
- Being the storyteller, problem solver and leading the delivery of user requirements, personas, domain models, ontologies and functional specifications to ensure the design comes to life.
- Being comfortable with every stage of the UX process - from running discovery workshops, wireframing and prototyping all the way through to delivering amazing high-fidelity designs.
- Working closely with colleagues to understand the customer's inputs and outputs and what successful outcomes look like.
- Championing simplicity over complexity to translate business complexity into intuitive user interfaces.
- Demonstrating your designs to senior stakeholders and working with product specialists and developers to ensure that your ideas are realised.
- Being the voice of user experience in project teams, explaining your rationale to developers, and product managers.
- Contributing expertise and collaborating with other members of the team to get to the heart of what users need, creating sketches, concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes.
- Collaborating and supporting requirements employing relevant design and research methods and techniques to ensure a compelling design.
- Engaging the wider team and key stakeholders in the user centred design process, ensuring that user research is at the heart of design decision making.
- Working with people across other teams to ensure making the most of the platform development and ensure consistency in the user experience.
- Initiating design elements of projects and prioritising your own workload.
- Proactively guerrilla test concepts to ensure users are integral to the design process
- Helping to organise formal and informal user research, and proactively try out ideas and designs
- Investigating new research or design methodologies and ensuring the team are kept up to date with advances within the user experience field.
The Ideal Person:
- 2+ years' experience as a UX Designer with knowledge of design techniques and tools.
- Portfolio of consistently great work across different products and systems.
- Ability to coach others through UX methods and user centred design approach.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum environments, in a software development arena.
- Experience of leading the introduction and embedding of user experience processes and practises.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills - the ability to communicate the reasoning behind your concepts, methods, and approaches to varied audiences.
For further insight into this fantastic vacancy and company please apply via the link below or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence.