VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for qualified Social Workers to join our public sector client's busy teams covering multiple locations.
This is an immediately available opportunity to further your direct practice experience with children and families, offering a competitive salary and structured working hours.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer plus a range of benefits including:
- Full-time and flexi-time available
- Annual leave entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Discounts package exclusive to VANRATH
- Immediate start available
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
The appointed Social Worker will be primarily responsible for the direct provision of quality social work services to children and families. They will normally work as a member of a social work team and under direction will be responsible for the management of a caseload. They will also be responsible for the direct discharge of statutory duties in respect of children in need. You will also be expected to attend to their professional development through training, supervision and learning.
- Engage in direct practice and work with children and families.
- Responsible for assessment and case planning, discharging a range of statutory responsibilities and participating in Child Protection and Looked After Children processes.
- Present evidence in legal proceedings.
- Provide facilitation, practice development ,and participation in the development of evidence based practice within the Child Care Programme.
- Take on governance and reporting responsibilities.
The successful candidate must hold a Degree/Diploma in Social Work or equivalent at the time of application and be registered or eligible for registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
Experience and knowledge:
- Have knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation including child protection policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of relation-based social work and understanding of effecting change in families/children lives.
- Effective skills in assessment, analysis, planning and organisation, with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including at least one of the core packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify solutions to problems and implement them effectively.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working with children and families and a commitment to the provision of high quality and safe services.
For more information on this vacancy, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recruitment agencies are organisations that focus on matching candidates with recruiters. Companies will advertise jobs through them, and job seekers will look at the posts on offer. The recruitment agency in the meantime will scout through the job seekers, and try to match them to their most suited jobs. Recruitment agencies bridge the gap between both parties to make the whole process a much smoother one.
Not only do recruitment agencies help candidates find the right type of job most suited to them, but at the same, they time provide companies and businesses with the right fit they are searching for with their job. A recruitment agency is the best option for matching the right person with the right position.