Senior Technical Support Engineer (Customer Success)
VANRATH are pleased to be working with a Cloud Security Company that recently set up in Belfast around a year ago and they are looking for Senior Technical Support Engineers (Customer Success). The company is in a huge growth period with the customer base doubling from 300-600 and they need to grow the team in order to deal with the expansion. They are looking to provide a follow the sun model with offices in the US, Australia and NI.
- As a technical authority of the platform, you will be responsible for debugging client issues (including integrations into cloud platforms, container registries, etc.)
- You will partner closely with the entire Customer Success organization to provide a world class customer experience.
- As a technical advisor you will provide customers with best practices to maximize usage of the platform.
- As a technical advisor you will be responsible for identifying bugs and gaps in the platform and working with engineering and product to address these issues.
- You will be the customer advocate by owning the lifecycle of the support case to completion.
- You will be responsible for building our knowledge base and tooling to reduce our time to resolution.
- As a member of the CSE team you will become an SME for parts of the platform and become the go to member for your area of expertise.
The person would need to have experience in one scripting language (Python, Java, Bash etc), Experience dealing with customers and also knowledge of one cloud platform (Azure, AWS or GCP).
In addition, any of the below would be a nice to have:
- Working understanding of web-protocols (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux platforms with the ability to identify and resolve OS level issues.
- Strong knowledge of networking topics
- Working understanding of security topics
- Ability to articulate resolutions and issues to clients and engineers during ticket lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of the Windows platform a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL for debugging purposes a plus
- Working knowledge of container ecosystem (registries, K8s, Docker, EKS, helm, etc.) a plus
- Working knowledge of devops best practices, (CI/CD, builds, deployments)
- Deployment technologies a plus (terraform, chef, puppet, ansible, etc.)
- Previous use of Zendesk, Zendesk Guide, JIRA and Confluence a plus
The salary is negotiable depending on experience but would be 55-60k along with a great benefit package and remote working.
I have been recruiting for VANRATH for over 3 years and have specialized in the DevOps/Infrastructure/Security side of things. I like to get to know the candidates and the clients and help match them to their ideal role and really create a partnership from both sides. These 3 areas are rapidly growing through the IT industry where I have great knowledge and experience and so whether you are at the start of your career looking to get into an exciting company or at experienced hire looking to progress your career I can help you find that next step.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"Highly recommend VANRATH for your search in a new job. Matthew was fantastic from start to finish. You can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. He is very knowledgeable about each role and in particular he was great at providing regular updates with various arising situations. Thank you again!. "
"I am a nightmare for external recruiters. There are 3 of about 60 that have ever met my standard. VANRATH exceeded my expectations through the person of Matthew Evers. As a US manager hiring in Belfast for the first time, I needed some hand holding. At the same time I needed a recruiter who did not waste my time selling me candidates. I needed a recruiter who took the time to understand what I was looking for, what my team valued and then be diligent in finding those sorts of candidates. Over 60% of the resumes submitted to me went to screen (it's usually %5). Of the screens more than 80% went to the project portion of the interview. (usually its about 50%).Matthew asked many thoughtful and pointed questions up front and clearly built a profile to be executed upon. Beyond that he was happy to help me understand the Irish market and norms. I personally recommend this team with no reservations. ".