VANRATH are delighted to be assisting with the recruitment of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (18 month FTC) for a leading public sector organisation in Belfast.
This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career and widen their knowledge in a country-wide organisation. This firm places immense value on their staff, and is one of the best places for an individual who is looking to progress their career.
£35,000 - £46,000 + Competitive Benefit Package
The Ideal Person;
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will help to support and maintain key areas including global Windows server estate, backup solutions, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS-N/R and VMWare virtualisation platform. Additionally, you will ensure that services are effectively delivered, understood and supported so that they fulfil business needs. You will need;
- Proven experience in IT experience with at least 5 years' experience in a 3rd line role supporting a number of the technologies listed above
- Experience of working of in an ITIL environment
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Detailed practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and services within a Microsoft technology environment.
You will be joining the IT Service Management team, who is accountable for maintaining and upgrading current infrastructure and applications. This includes responsibility for waterfall delivery, as well as build and run activities for infrastructure and application projects, and is responsible for process improvement whilst ensuring service management is efficient and reliable.
- You will work with the Service Management Support Analysts to ensure effective, seamless support for end users and maintain appropriate documentation (including knowledge bases containing known issues /workarounds and support handbooks) for effective 3rd line support.
- You will also develop implementation plans for dealing with requests for change, and provide specialist guidance information to the Support, Systems Testing and Quality Assurance functions.
- You will strive for improvements to processes by suggesting changes in approach and use of industry best practices, typically using recognised models including ISO27001.
A bit about me:
I have been recruiting in the Belfast market for the past 3 years, helping Public Sector, HSCNI and NFP organisations hire Project Management & IT Specialists.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible organisations and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for one of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"5 stars to VANRATH and Peter Brittain!
Something that struck me was Peter's diligence to find a role that would suit my experience. Peter showed great professionalism, work ethic and we struck it off from day one on the phone with his friendly can do attitude. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Peter and VANRATH if you are looking to take that next step in your career or are looking a change!"
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence. Peter.Brittain@vanrath.com or 02890330250