Senior Digital Business Analyst- Education/Public Sector
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Senior Digital Business Analyst for a large Education focused organisation. This assignment is acting as key liaison when engaging with other Directorates and Services, providing advice on project ideas and enabling the provision of ICT services required for transformation.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, this is a full time post 36 hours per week, this role will be suited to an aspiring Business Analyst looking for an ideal opportunity to enter Northern Ireland's Public Sector.
The client is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective primary and secondary education services are available to meet the needs of children and young people, and providing support for the provision of efficient and effective youth services.
- Establish the documentation necessary including technical specification for the relevant full business case.
- Manage the relationship between ICT and stakeholders regarding both future direction and business as usual operational service involving ICT.
- Act as key contact and work in partnership with the appointed contractor in terms of implementation and support issues throughout any new project life cycle.
- Lead and co-ordinate on requirements gathering of As-Is and To-Be processes (including process mapping), development and delivery of requirements throughout project delivery within the ICT Programme.
- Define business requirements to support procurement exercises for new service delivery and report to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in writing functional specifications and use cases including the development of functional test cases
The Ideal Person:
- Degree/HND in ICT or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience in an IT environment OR 5 years relevant experience in an IT environment.
For this role it is essential to have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Requirement gathering
- Gap analysis
- Process mapping
- As is - To be
- Senior stakeholder management
- Ability to gain buy in from leaders of business units
- Able to manage several pieces of work at the same time
- Experience writing Business cases
- Understanding of Tender panels
- Public sector experience
- Procurement experience
The hourly rate for this role is £23ph (plus holiday pay and pension from day one), alongside discount benefits to be used across different businesses in NI.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract IT Business Analyst job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.