Science Technician - Ballymoney / Coleraine
Would you like to become a scientific technician for a leading public body organisation?
This is a part-time role, 21-hours per week!
VANRATH are delighted to be working in partnership with a main provider of further education across four of the 11 council areas in Northern Ireland.
This exciting opportunity is initially on a temporary basis, however, with the view to become permanent.
An attractive salary is on offer £20,852.00 - £25,41.00 per annum. Plus holiday pay & pension pay.
- Assisting Lecturers during practical sessions and ensuring that students use safe working practices.
- Coordinating the loan of resources, materials, equipment and/or tools as required by students for teaching and/or project work and ensuring the correct safeguards are in place for the return of these.
- Accounting for resources, materials, equipment and/or tools at the end of practical sessions.
- Maintaining optimum standards within the learning space complying with Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Dismantle and storage of relevant materials, equipment and/or tools at the end of practical sessions.
- Disposing of used material in a safe and approved manner
- Regular cleaning of resources, materials, equipment, and/or tools
- Maintaining adequate stock levels and records within the curriculum area.
- Responsible for sourcing and purchasing new equipment and stock in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Level 3 qualification in a Science Discipline to include Chemistry or Biology as a significant component of this qualification.
- GCSE Maths at Grade A - C or equivalent, GCSE English Language At Grade A - C or equivalent, Qualified to Level 4/5 in a Science Discipline.
- 1 year's experience in a work/academic lab-based setting
- Laboratory experience acquired while completing practical's as part of a university degree or as part of a foundation degree/HND will be considered.
- Experience as a science technician in an education or industrial setting.
- Knowledge and experience working with animal would be advantageous.
Access to suitable transport for business purposes to effectively discharge the duties of this post.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other scientific roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.