Planning Manager (SUPPLY CHAIN)
£42,000 - £46,000
VANRATH are delighted to continue our excellent relationship with our highly valued client, who now have an opening within their expanding supply chain function as a Supply Chain & Planning Manager. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the planning and purchasing functions, creating an efficient, cost-effective operation. This is ideal for experienced Purchasing Managers and Planning Managers to make the next step in their career!
- Formulating the most cost-effective production and purchasing plan to achieve service levels, considering process and line efficiencies, and available material.
- Proactively identify and root cause sources of waste within the supply chain and effectively manage the relevant stakeholders to the most acceptable permanent solution for the business
- Purchasing Manager, Meat Supply Manager, Senior Planner and overall responsibility for a team of approximately 12 people
- Work with site teams to ensure sufficient planning / ordering of materials for key peak/off peak production periods across the year.
- Integral to this position is the ability to map the current supply chain and production processes and utilise the company planning / purchasing systems to generate a robust production and capacity plan whilst ensuring the relevant materials are available to support this.
- Lead and support the Planning / Purchasing Teams to ensure weekly production plans are in line with the business manufacturing plan and materials are available to achieve agreed production plans.
- Previous experience of working within a Planning and/or Purchasing environment.
- A working knowledge of a FMCG and/or manufacturing environment
- Relevant managerial and leadership experience
- Proven experience of achievement in Continuous Improvement
- Ability to demonstrate a previous experience of delivering sustainable change initiatives and results
- SAP system Experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Supply Chain/Logistics jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Michael Irwin in the strictest confidence.