Part- Qualified/ Assistant Management Accountant
VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting for a Part- Qualified/ Assistant Accountant for a well-known manufacturing company in the Dungannon area. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions my client is investing heavily in their already established finance function to help meet the needs of a growing business.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the very best talent in a busy market.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- In-house training from a fantastic finance team
- 4 days office 1 day remote
With over 30 years' experience, my client provides a wide range environmental products to the retail market. Innovation and experience have led to local and international growth, with employees based in Ireland, the UK and Europe. They pride themselves on their innovative products and aim to provide the best environmentally friendly products on the market.
This role has come about due to internal growth within the current finance team. This role allows for an interesting day to day working life due to the variety of daily tasks and offers career progression. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing a management accounting service to the business, management accounts preparation, budgeting, forecasting, decision support and ad hoc analysis.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including in depth commentary and variance analysis for board reporting
- To further develop the management accounting reporting pack for presentation to the board.
- Development and delivery of Key Performance Indicator report.
- Preparing support schedules and back up to the management accounts.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the yearly budget for the business.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit process
- Refresh the financial forecast quarterly to highlight expected performance versus budget
- Product cost analysis
- Manage the implementation of system improvements and efficiency initiatives
- Review supplier invoices and manage subcontractor and agency costs
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Availability for holiday cover
- Submissions of VAT returns for ROI and UK
- Travel to various work sites
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to a Part- Qualified accountant ideally from a practice background. It is vital, the successful candidate has a minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar role. The successful candidate should have the following:
- Part- Qualified in CIMA/ACCA or an accounting qualification
- Previous experience within a transactional or practice finance function
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills for data manipulation- V-lookups and Pivot Tables
- Experience with PowerBI and Microsoft D365
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and gain exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.