Newly Qualified Accountant (Permanent Public Sector role)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting on a permanent basis for a Newly Qualified Accountant on behalf of a public sector based just outside of Belfast. This role will be working within a team of highly skilled accountants and will provide the perfect, first exposure for an accountant coming out of practice and keen to add valuable commercial experience to their CV. This is a permanent appointment that offers all NICS benefits.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful candidate will play a key role in the delivery of all accounting information as follows:
- Manage the day to day running of the accounting function through the use of appropriate systems, processes, policies, procedures and practices to meet the needs of the business, ensuring that all policies and procedures meet the requirements of the relevant legislation and reflect best practice models.
- The completion of monthly management accounts and meeting with budget holders to review actual expenditure against budget.
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager in the provision of financial information for Board Sub Committees on a quarterly basis, namely the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) meeting and the General Purposes & Finance Committee (GP&F) meeting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and annual financial report, maintaining the register of Financial Risk.
- Support the Head of Finance & Governance in ensuring that the Finance function fulfils its commitments to the Accounting Officer as set out in the Management Statement and Financial Memorandum.
- Ensure the appropriate financial procedures, controls and structures are in place for the effective, efficient and economic management of public funds and monitor their outputs and outcomes. ·
- Support the management oversight, monitoring and control of the business' finances in accordance with Managing Public Money NI (MPMNI) and the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM). ·
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager in the conduct of all internal and external audit including the agreement of audit strategies and the management of all audit fieldwork.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual divisional and corporate budgets for submission to and approval by the senior management team.
- To update budget following the outcome of monitoring rounds.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Recently qualified accountant from a reputable practice background
- Strong academics with a desire to grow your career in industry
- Ideally you will have some secondment experience with industry clients (desirable not essential)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.