My client was founded in 2002 with the mission to redefine payment processing technology. Heading up by a well known local Technologist , this team goes from strength to strength. With over 100 people all work remotely throughout the UK, this business did a stellar job of hiring and retaining staff in a tricky 3 year period.
This role would suit a talented MySQL specialist that wants to work with a global company on the acquisition trail. No two weeks will be the same, there will be a chance to contribute and to also develop your skills in a mature and talented team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with engineering teams on logical/physical database design to support new and existing application development. Maintain data models and keep them current.
- Design and develop schema, indexes, SQL queries, and stored procedures.
- Maintain database specifications, data dictionaries, design/coding standards, and complementary documentation.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Analyze SQL query plans and leverage diagnostic tools to identify performance bottlenecks and take appropriate corrective actions to remediate them.
- Evaluate the merits/ benefits of available system upgrades and enhancements - implement as necessary.
- Build HA and DR systems using replication and clustering across geo-diverse data centres.
- Commit to achieving 5 9's up-time of all OLTP production databases.
- Work with Engineering teams and Technical Operations in reviewing and preparing database deployments.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up to meet the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business processes facilitated by our software products.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, services, and supporting tooling.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and code reviews.
- Work as part of a team and provide after-hours support when required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of MySQL Engineering / Administration
- Strong knowledge of MySQL Server architecture - engine, query processing, query optimization, locking, etc.
- Experience automating the execution and notification of database-related processes and alerts.
- Experience configuring MySQL for High Availability and Disaster Recovery using replication or clustering.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. Bash and stored procedures.
- Experience with Postgres a strong plus
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
" I submitted a CV to Vanrath and was contacted by Ryan Quinn shortly after. We met for an initial discussion and the next day he had secured an interview for me that week. He gave me lots of useful information in preparing for the two interviews I had with the one company, before getting the job. Would highly recommend. "
" Ryan Quinn was extremely helpful in my job search. He found multiple appropriate roles which met my requirements and organised meetings/interviews which made the entire process as easy and pain-free as is possible".
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.