Java Developers (Fully remote role) (Long standing and secure UK fintech software house- new high profile project)
Our client are responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining an internal suite of Algorithmic trading systems. This suite is a core offering that the firm provides to its portfolio management teams to help optimize executions. These trading systems are multi-asset and global in nature and currently live in nearly 50 markets. They are designed and constantly tuned to achieve high throughput and low latency.
Successful candidate will join a team and work on several trading and technology driven projects. The job involves constant collaboration with different teams across technology, support, research and business. As part of the role there will be opportunity to work on different technologies such as KDB+, AWS, Containers, different middleware platforms etc. There will also be opportunities to work on profiling tools and performance tuning.
Building server side algorithmic trading components in Java or C++
Working on solving technical challenges like scaling, reducing latencies and automated testing.
Work on CI/CD pipelines and dev ops tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics or related stream.
- Expert level skill in a high level programming language
- 3-5 years expereince working on server-side components.
Nice to haves
- Deep understanding of concurrent, multi-threaded application environments.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux is required.
- Experience using dev tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle and JIRA
- NO Prior experience building algorithmic trading system or finance is required.
- Experience with any cloud platform and containerization tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kdb+/Q is a big plus.
- Any front-end development experience is a plus.
Our client will tailor an attractive benefits package to attract top talent. Get in touch with Phil Gamble early to find out more.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…