Health & Safety Advisor (Public Body)
Are you looking for a Health & Safety Advisor role? Interested in working for a large public body for a period of 12+ months with a possible extension.?
VANRATH are recruiting a Health & Safety Advisor to assist the Health & Safety Manager with the delivery of the Corporate Health and Safety function.
c£31,895, alongside holiday entitlement.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of the Corporate Health and Safety Framework in line with the relevant legislation and duty of care.
- Assist with the development of the Sections annual Health and Safety Objectives as well as the compilation and evaluation of Key Performance Indicators to improve health and safety performance.
- On a day-to-day basis provide advice, guidance and support to Line Managers in relation to compliance with health and safety legislation, policies and procedures as they apply to employees, functions and buildings of the council and others affected by Council undertakings.
- To support with the implementation and day-to-day operation of the health and safety software system and its related processes.
Adhere to and comply with all Council policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for risk management.
Ensure effective controls assurance and risk management strategies are implemented within the Department and contribute to the Client's compliance with its corporate governance requirements.
The Ideal Person
- A degree or equivalent qualification and
- Be in possession of a NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two year's experience' working within a Health & Safety Officer role delivering in the following areas:
- Proven track record of working within a large multi disciplinary organisation.
- Proven track record of providing practical H&S advice and guidance with successful outcomes.
- Experience of effectively working with a range of internal or external stakeholders including Line Managers and Trade Union Representatives.
- Developing and implementing H&S policies and procedures that are aligned to corporate priorities and in accordance with legislation and best practice.
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required academic qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 4 years' experience working within an Health & Safety Officer role in the areas a-d above.
All candidates must be eligible for IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) Technical Membership or be willing to work towards achieving Technical Membership Status attaining this no later than 2 years from appointment to post.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.