VANRATH are excited to be exclusively seeking a high-calibre Financial Controller to join an independent Belfast based firm which has both local & international clients. The company are long-established and have experienced significant expansion over recent years, with several acquisitions. The company have ambitious plans to continue along this growth trajectory.
This role will report directly to the Finance Director and be responsible for preparation of monthly management accounts for all Group companies. You will assist in the preparation of monthly reporting packs to include actuals vs. forecasts, departmental analysis and forecast landing positions.
On a daily basis, we expect you to showcase your skills and knowledge by:
- Oversee the month end process for our range of companies, ensuring that both the Board Pack information and management accounts are delivered to the deadlines set
- Work with the team to introduce and implement efficiencies in working to improve processes and team utilisation
- Involvement in the budget process and continued tracking throughout the year, providing detailed variance analysis
- Ensure that internal reporting requirements are adhered to and provide improvements where appropriate
- Assist in report development
- Liaise with external advisors as and when required, e.g. payroll bureau, VAT specialist, tax advisors etc.
- Liaise with External Auditors for the annual year end audit. Overall responsibility for team's preparation of the audit file
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for all UK entities as directed by the Financial Director
- Assist with the optimisation and development of the finance systems and processes
- Collective responsibility for ad hoc projects that need addressing with a growing business. The individual will be required to work on these projects in a timely manner with the Financial Director, and the wider team where applicable
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES
You can demonstrate the following skills and attributes, apply today:
- Qualified accountant - ACCA, ACA or CIMA with minimum 5 years PQE
- Minimum of industry based 3 years experience in similar role
- Able to manage the day to day and think ahead
- Up-to-date UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Tax legislation to include direct and indirect taxes
- Other technical knowledge as fitting a qualified accountant
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels in the organisation
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving
- Attention to detail, quality conscious
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including 25 days annual leave in addition to all public and bank holidays, private medical insurance, health cash plan and employer pension contributions.
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence.