This STEM Software Conversion role is applicable to graduates who have studied Mathematics, Physics, Software or technical Engineering based degrees, to secure a role working for one of the most highly respected software and data management companies in the country, working with some of the world's leading investment banks, trading markets and exchanges.
Full 1-2-1 training is provided with this position, you'll join with an intake of up to 4 other like-minded individuals, mentored by Senior Engineers, taking the reigns of the most efficiently performing data management software language on the planet.
An extremely niche opportunity providing the springboard you need to become a software developer in Fintech.
The Ideal Person
The successful candidate has an aptitude for mathematics, an interest in becoming a Software Developer and a relevant degree.
- 2.1/1st Class degree in a technical STEM-related subject (Mathematics, Physics, Astro, Aerospace, Computer Science etc)
- Good A-level's (grade B or above)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Coding experience would be advantageous (Python, R, MatLab)
- Enjoys a challenge, team player
As one of the most desirable STEM graduate roles in Northern Ireland, VANRATH is pleased to have successfully placed some of the best future talent over the last 12 months.
- Competitive Salary - £25,000
- A tailored 8-week training programme
- Career development opportunities
- 28 days annual leave + statutory
- Private Healthcare Scheme
You will gain a wealth of experience on a variety of projects predominantly in the finance space, obtain new skills in software, communication, prioritisation and more.
Once your training is complete, you'll roll on to projects and also have the opportunity to travel to client sites in Canary Wharf, London, to assist with providing technical expertise to some of the 4 top banks in the world, all expenses paid. This company also work with clients on a global scale, from Hong Kong & Singapore to NYC.
As a financial Software Developer, you'll gain exposure to the full Software Delivery Lifecycle from planning through to testing and maintenance. Combining bespoke software with efficient data management, this tech company doesn't throw volume at a problem, they assemble a condensed team of specific individuals to solve the most complex of issues.
Successful candidates will embark on an intensive 6-week training program with a group of your peers from your cohort, this will both challenge you and allow you to rapidly develop your skillset in Software Development
- Join a structured development program tailored to your needs
- Ability to find your personal strengths and develop them to define your career path
- Learn a programming language with core mathematical concepts
- Access support and mentoring by working within a talented team of professionals
- Gain hands-on experience whilst in a challenging real-world environment
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Graduate role in Belfast, please apply via the link below or contact Sean Doherty in the strictest confidence.
"I had a great experience working with Vanrath. Sean Doherty was great to work with and his communication and attentiveness was very helpful throughout the experience. Even after turning down a job offer attained through Vanrath, as I didn't feel it was the right career choice for me, Sean was great at insuring that the next vacancies he sent me where much more aligned with my interest. I would highly recommend using Vanrath."
"I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me, so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"