I am delighted to be recruiting exclusively for a well-known professional services firm based in Belfast. My client established their business in 2007, after a Management Buy Out. Despite being a relatively new company, my client annually turns over between £2-£2.3 million on average each year and continues to be the best in their industry. The successful candidate will report directly to the managing partners.
My clients boasts a modern city centre office, which is home to a close-knit team of 27. Over the past 10+ years' my clients' business has gone from strength to strength thanks to a partnership which offers a progressive and dynamic outlook on the market to date. My clients' team is continually going due to the demand for their sought-after services. Moreover, my client works on projects across the UK, ROI and NI.
My client has a generous renumeration package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent in a very competitive market.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working after training period
- Early finish on a Friday
- 23 days annual leave (and statutory days), which increase with length of service
- Study support
The finance manager will play a vital role in my clients' business, as they oversee the day to day running of the companies' financials. Moreover, the successful candidate will have a large part to play in process improvement and system migration as my client continues to improve their current financial systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of invoices and provide support in the management of recoverable expenses and fee schedules.
- Liaise with external parties in relation to annual company accounts and audits.
- Lead credit control and debt management to maintain accurate debtor schedules.
- Accurately upload customer and supplier invoices onto Sage and issue supplier payments.
- Process staff expenses for each month end period.
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Completion and submission of monthly VAT returns for both NI and ROI.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for Sterling, Euro and deposit accounts.
- Assist with monthly payroll, whilst ensuring timely and accurate reporting to HMRC.
- Prepare and present budgets, forecasting and P&L' to managing partners.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be at least qualified by experience or a part qualified accountant, who has worked in a similar role previously. Moreover, it is vital the successful individual has previous experience using Sage. The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- QBE or part-qualified accountant (ACA,CIMA,IATI)
- 5 GSCE's or equivalent at grade C or above, to include Maths and English
- Previous exposure to multi-currency markets
- Exceptional communication skills to convey financial information to managing partners
- Previous experience using Sage is essential
- Previous exposure to system migration would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, multifaceted finance professional to further enhance in their skill-set and enter into a role which can offer career longevity and exposure to an incredibly busy market. Moreover, this role allows the successful individual to essentially manage the internal finance function of the business alongside the managing partners, allowing for unmeasured opportunities for growth.
To discuss this vacancy, or any other accountancy and finance roles in Belfast or wider Norther Ireland, please contact Hannah MacLaren or alternatively apply via the link below.