VANRATH is delighted to be working with a well-known manufacturing firm, who continually create innovative products, which are distributed across the world to the US, China and Europe. VANRATH is recruiting for a Finance Assistant to assist the current Financial Director in the day-to-day running of the finance function. Our client has a 5-year plan in place, to further expand their workforce to help meet the needs of a rapidly growing business.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate…
- Salary up to 28K
- Healthcare package
- Career progression
- Study support
- 4.5 day week
- Flexible start and finish times
A varied role which will allow the successful candidate great scope to get involved of all aspects of the finance function. The successful individual will be responsible for the purchase and sales ledger and the month end procedures. The succesful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Process all purchases (supplier invoices) and refunds (credit notes) Matching invoices and credit notes
- Processing payment runs
- Analyse purchases by expense type (coding invoices)
- Obtain invoice authorisation
- Set-up and maintain supplier accounts
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences
- Deal with supplier account queries via telephone and email and resolve queries promptly
- Resolve significant issues (e.g. final demand letters) promptly
- Send out remittance advices
- Assist with month end and year end accounts procedures
- Process staff expenses (cash and credit cards)
- Process credit card statements Customer support
- Updating all transactions on Sage.
- Handling day to day telephone and email enquiries.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents, and word processing.
- Managing a filing system
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years' experience in a fast-paced finance function, and ideally have experience using Sage 50. Moreover, it would be beneficial if the successful candidate had experience in manufacturing too.
- 5+ GCSEs, including Maths and English
- A minimum of 1+ years' experience in a similar role in a busy finance department
- Highly proficient with the MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment would be desirable
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and gain exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.