Embedded Software Engineer
VANRATH is proud to be partnering with our client a high-growth N.I Research and Development lab in the search for an Embedded Software Engineer.
Our client work on ambitious projects for international customers in the field of video encoding, decoding and compliance test streams.
Our clients hardware and software teams design and deploy high-quality digital video solutions and software as ASIC/SoC IP.
Our clients products are used by silicon suppliers and companies selling digital products that require the latest generation of skills to be more efficient and at the forefront for our customers. This is an exciting period for the business as they open a new office in Belfast and continue to grow internationally.
As member of the Software team you develop and validate embedded control software for integrated video compression circuits
Application areas: video compression (high-performance encoders/decoders for the latest HEVC/VP9/AV1/VVC compression standards...)
Search for solutions applicable to the customer's needs
Develop the solution in C/C++ languages aimed at implementation on embedded processors such as ARM or RISC-V
Test and validate the solution and analyze the quality of the results
Document the deliverables for the solution
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in Software, Electronics or related discipline.
- 3 years experience in embedded software development, if possible, in the field of signal processing or audio/video coding
- Knowledge of compression/video decoding algorithms (for example H.264 / H.265) would be an advantage.
- Mandatory experience in languages C, C++, Python/Perl script languages.
Nice to haves
- Compilation VS/GCC, debug, Jenkins, versioning (git)
- Embedded Linux, Kernel drivers, ARM/RISC-V embedded processors, knowledge of FPGA platforms would be a plus
- Performance optimization, profiling, integration into SW multimedia layers (Gstreamer, ffmpeg...)
Sensible working hours and working with some of the best engineers in N.Ireland. Salary is market leading up to £65k and the package includes pension, death in service, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…