DevOps Lead (£110k)
VANRATH are pleased to be working with a fast paced startup who are looking for a DevOps Lead (£110k) to help build a roadmap of best technologies to use going forward. The company is transforming the way the world uses and shares data and it is a really exciting time to be joining the company to really drive it forward and have an active say in they ways things move forward.
- Guide the selection and adoption of infrastructure technologies to enable our DevOps teams to excel at delivering the product with decreased cycle times and increased autonomy
- Manage the various technologies which support everyday development operations using GitOps, including AWS, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, Okta, Flux, and enable the development team to operate these as part of their day to day activities
- Facilitate ongoing education of the wider development team in adopting DevOps practices
- Assist the Head of Engineering in the development of infrastructure roadmaps aligned with the evolving needs of our business as we move from a pure SaaS offering to a packaged downloadable, and in financial planning for infrastructure
- Participate in lean planning activities with the development teams
- Assist in efforts to improve efficiency, scalability and stability of our product
- Prototype new concepts and apply creative suggestions for implementing new features or processes
- Expand/progress/innovate on the technology that the projects use
- Be open minded and collaborate with the other team members via mob-programming, knowledge sharing and peer review
- Collaborate closely with the other tech leads and architect to ensure continuous alignment of direction against our goals and company vision
What We're Looking For:
- A highly pragmatic individual accustomed to making decisions based on a variety of team and business needs, and the ability to balance long term and near term impacts of those decisions
- A team player who is focused on outcomes and can set aside individual opinion in favour of the best direction for the team
- A coding language is just a tool for you and you enjoy the opportunity to learn new languages as necessary for the task at hand
- Embrace modern Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Demonstrable understanding of security within code, platforms and processes
- Experience of building, deploying and operating containerized services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform) within on-prem and cloud
- Experience in API development (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL, SDK development)
- Experienced implementing critical development systems for monitoring and alerting, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- Be trustworthy in a situation with a high degree of self-management and comfortable working remotely
- Embraces asynchronous communication through a range of tools including Jira, Confluence and Slack, and understands the importance of communication in team alignment
- Code quality and following good practices are not just buzzwords for you; You can identify the benefits that this brings your team on a daily basis
- Low drama; Look to resolve problems, not amplify them
- Appreciate the value diversity in all its forms brings to our team and company
Salary for the role is open to negotiation but would be between £100-£110k depending on expereince
To find out more information on the role advertised, please submit your CV a or contact Matthew Evers at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"Highly recommend VANRATH for your search in a new job. Matthew was fantastic from start to finish. You can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. He is very knowledgeable about each role and in particular he was great at providing regular updates with various arising situations. Thank you again!. "
"I am a nightmare for external recruiters. There are 3 of about 60 that have ever met my standard. VANRATH exceeded my expectations through the person of Matthew Evers. As a US manager hiring in Belfast for the first time, I needed some hand holding. At the same time I needed a recruiter who did not waste my time selling me candidates. I needed a recruiter who took the time to understand what I was looking for, what my team valued and then be diligent in finding those sorts of candidates. Over 60% of the resumes submitted to me went to screen (it's usually %5). Of the screens more than 80% went to the project portion of the interview. (usually its about 50%).Matthew asked many thoughtful and pointed questions up front and clearly built a profile to be executed upon. Beyond that he was happy to help me understand the Irish market and norms. I personally recommend this team with no reservations. ".