- Job Reference: RADE280622
- Job Title: Design Engineer (Network Infrastructure)
- Rate: £30,000 - £38,000 + benefits
- Location: Belfast Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Design Engineer role? Interested in working for an innovative network infrastructure company?
VANRATH are recruiting a Design Engineer to work for an innovative network infrastructure company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
£30,000 - £38,000 + benefits
Our client is an innovative company based in Belfast that invest in public Electrical Vehicle charging network infrastructure throughout Northern Ireland. They have ambitions to have around 1500 charging stations installed across a vast location of over 300 sites including a number of major ultra-rapid charging hub sites that will see drivers able to fully charge their vehicles in less than 20 minutes.
The company will also offer Electrical Vehicle managed fleet solutions and leasing options. In return they offer a flexible approach to working hours, autonomy so you manage your own workload and a friendly and supportive team to work with. The company has ambitious plans for growth and is keen to build a team who can grow alongside the business.
- Design and develop industrial and commercial electrical systems
- Evaluate electrical systems and products via design and applying knowledge of electricity and materials
- Produce accurate Bill of Materials (BOM) for Electrical components
- Provide expertise in electrical design
- Apply knowledge to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Ensure product quality through testing
- Prepare product reports through collecting and analysing information
- Competent computer skills - AutoCAD etc.
- Keeping up to date on most recent electrical engineering software
- Meet regularly with colleagues to provide progress reports and reviews
- Act as main point of contact with clients and other professionals
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations
The Ideal Person:
- Third level qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Foundation Degree, BTECH HNC/HND, City & Guilds/NVQ level 3,4 or equivalent in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with experience will also be considered
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to remedy problems accurately and with speed
- Experience working with ICPs i.e. NIE and/or other utility companies
- Commercial and/or industrial experience
- Experience conducting site surveys
- Working experience of CAD
- Working experience of understanding lease drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years' experience in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical circuit design experience
- Experience of layout, wiring and testing of Control Panels/systems
- Ability to design, modify and create Electrical Schematics using AutoCAD
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion