Deputy Principal - Health, Safety and Dangerous Goods Compliance Branch Manager
VANRATH are recruiting for a Deputy Principal - Health, Safety and Dangerous Goods Compliance Branch Manager level for a large multi-site organisation based in a fantastic location in Belfast with some travel required to other sites owned by the organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for being a Senior H&S advisor, whilst managing the branch.
This will be on initial 6 months basis with the likely hood of being extended.
Ensure there is an appropriate framework for managing health and safety effectively, including through the following:
- Monitor and review the performance of the health and safety management systems making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Support the Executive Management Team (EMT), the Board, Head of Emergency Planning, Safety and Estate Branch and Senior Managers in developing appropriate health and safety arrangements within the Institute.
- Provide advice and guidance on roles and responsibilities in relation to the effective management of health and safety.
- Provide advice and support to the Health and Safety Advisory Group and Health and Safety Committees and other management teams as required.
- Act as the lead health and safety professional and provide advice and support commensurate with this role to assist the Institute in discharging its responsibilities in respect of health and safety compliance.
- Draft and develop health and safety policies, procedures and guidance.
- Ensure arrangements for the effective implementation of health and safety policy and procedures and work with managers and staff to develop local work procedures to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
- Regularly review and update the health and safety policy statement and associated arrangements taking full account of the particular hazards, requirements and arrangements across the Institute.
The Ideal Person
- A qualification in Occupational Health and Safety at level 5 (or higher) on the QCF framework.
- Membership of an appropriate Health and Safety professional body at a grade equivalent to GradIOSH or higher.
- Practical experience of operating health and safety management systems and relevant procedures within a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the last 10 years in the successful management and delivery of health and safety services.
- Experience working in a science environment.
- Hold Chartered Membership of IOSH.
- Ideally hold Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) status awarded via the Society for the Environment or its Licensed Members.
VANRATH are offering a class leading salary for this role from day one in addition to excellent holiday allowance and on-site parking
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…