Control Room Operator
VANRATH are recruiting for a Control Room Operator with a large Public Sector organisation based in Belfast, initially for 3 months with possibility of extension
This role offers a competitive salary and an excellent opportunity to join an essential organisation.
- Producing accurate and up to date written and electronic incident logs and reports including faults as required.
- Proactively monitoring and responding to fire, intruder and Building Management alarm systems and activations.
- Operating the Security Management System which includes a CCTV and requires the production and processing of evidential quality data.
- Carrying out internal patrols of Company Buildings.
- Dealing with building maintenance enquiries and contacting relevant maintenance personnel out of hours.
- Operating Company's building key management systems.
- Liaising by telephone with PSNI, Emergency Services and other organisations, including contacting on call staff when necessary, and providing support to colleagues and building users during emergencies and evacuations.
- Controlling access for building users and contractors including vehicular access to the upper car parks.
- Using a wide range of communication systems including telephone, email, radio and intercom systems.
- Complying with line management requests in the event of the activation of the Company's Major Incident/Business Continuity plan.
- Undertaking training as required in the full range of duties, including use of SMS and CCTV systems, all building alarm systems and security equipment, First Aid and Fire safety, as well as all Company mandatory training.
The Ideal Person
At least one years' experience of:
- Providing face to face service to a wide range of customers.
- Working and communicating effectively, both individually and as part of a team.
- Be willing to undertake and successfully complete Control Room Operative training.
- Using an IT package e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…