VANRATH is recruiting a temporary Communications Officer for a large Public Sector organisation. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 6 months with possible further extension.
To provide a high level of organisational public relations and other communications support to ensure that the Organisation is able to reach the highest possible standards in all aspects of corporate communication. The postholder will be required to contribute to the corporate and public relations functions including the provision of a service to the press and broadcasting media in relation to the organisation and its work. They will be expected to be well informed about the organisation, its work and its policies and to work both as an important part of a small team and on occasions, to work alone using their initiative.
The post will require the holder, as a member of the Corporate and Public Affairs Team:
- To contribute to the development of the media strategy, using specialist communications knowledge acquired through professional development and experience, by developing and maintaining up to date communications and media plans to ensure a constant flow of quality messages on key issues.
- To work with senior staff, including the Directors and the Chief Executive, to identify PR opportunities in support of the organisations role in protecting and improving public health in line with the Communications Strategy.
- To lead in the communications planning of events involving the Minister of Health, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Executive. Liaison with the DoH private office, press office and various partners in the drafting and finalising of VIP briefing materials.
- To advise senior staff in the drafting of press releases and statements, using specialist knowledge of health improvement and protection subject matter while adhering to agreed good practice and policy.
- To undertake lead responsibility for providing all staff with a daily briefing on issues of current importance in the press and broadcasting media.
- At least two years' experience working in a public relations role.
- An understanding of the HSC, its structure and main issues, including how the wider health system works including the DoH, HSCB and Trusts.
- Experience of media handling and good knowledge of news environment and current affairs.
- Experience of creating and delivering PR plans.
- Experience of organising PR events and photocalls.
- Experience of writing press releases to a high standard and generating content for print and electronic publication.
- Experience of developing and delivering internal communications - bulletins, events, newsletters, online forums, etc.
- Experience of operating in a sensitive and political environment, able to respond rapidly briefing requests for senior staff and elected representatives.
- Experience of digital communications, including web development.
- Experience of using social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. Evidence of excellent, written communication skills.
- Experience to include press releases, briefings, newsletters, case study and report writing.
- An excellent opportunity to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation in Northern Ireland.
- Salary starting from £31,365 with full pay from Day 1.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…