Commercial Accountant (Newly Qualified Accountant) Top 100 Company
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Commercial Accountant for a Top 100 Company based in Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity for a technically strong Newly Qualified Accountant to gain valuable industry experience within a market-leading organisation in a thriving sector. The duration of this contract is 12 months and there is a strong possibility this placement could lead to a permanent appointment or extension beyond the initial time frames.
- Based within the Commercial Accounting team, this role plays a key part in the organisation's finance function. The team based in Belfast are responsible for the accurate and timely production of management accounts, statutory accounts and regulatory reports.
- Provide management with information and insight to drive business performance
- Manage the monthly accounting close process (ensuring all financial transactions are recorded correctly, including calculating and posting accruals and prepayments);
- Produce management and board reports to business heads and statutory entity boards, including commentary on variances to budget and to prior periods;
- Prepare and submit financial reports to the regulators
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with strong financial acumen and the ability to produce monthly P&L accounts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volumes of Data
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Strongly motivated individual with an excellent ability to work off their own initiative and on a cross-functional basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.