Are you looking for a Civil Engineer role? Interested in working for an organisation with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
VANRATH are recruiting a Civil Engineer. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to join the growing team. The role is based in Belfast however, they offer flexible working and would consider other locations for the right candidate.
A leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide.
c£48,000, alongside excellent holiday entitlement.
The Ideal Person
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering.
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI).
- Experienced in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage WinDes.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers For Adoption and their implementation.
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers.
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered member of the ICE or IEI.
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH.
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions Of Contract.
- Experience of working on Northern Ireland Water Framework Contracts.
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant.
- You will be working within the Civil Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains;
- Drainage schemes;
- Marine projects;
- Flood risk and drainage assessment; and
- Hydraulic and network modelling.
- You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals;
- Outline and detailed design;
- Budget cost estimates;
- Contract management;
- Site supervision; and
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts.
Information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.