BIM Manager (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a BIM Manager role? Interested in working for one of N.I. largest Public Sector organisations?
VANRATH are recruiting a BIM Manager to support the delivery of the BIM strategy across multiple projects. The BIM strategy and delivery of the associated projects will be used to inform the Infrastructure & Projects Directorate (IPD) Digital Strategy and deliver value through the creation, collation and exchange of shared digital models, including the associated intelligent structured data.
c£43,119, alongside holiday entitlement and pension (from day one).
Our client is one of the largest Public Sector organisations in NI.
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in developing and implementing BIM processes on large multidisciplinary building or infrastructure projects in accordance with BS/ PAS1192 or ISO 19650
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant construction related subject e.g. BIM & Project Management, architecture, architectural technology, civil engineering etc.
- In-depth understanding of the current government mandated BIM Level 2 requirements & BS/ PAS 1192/ ISO 19650 suite of documents
- Experience in producing or developing EIR's and reviewing/ auditing BIM models and associated data drops against the EIR requirements
- Understanding of BIM project processes, workflows, contractual obligations and responsibilities between various
- Experience of NEC Contracts
- BIM qualification
- Align processes with the ISO 19650 standards through the development and implementation of key documents listed within the BIM Strategy on behalf of the Client. This will include continuous improvement of our template Exchange Information Requirements document for example which may be used on a wide range of projects within the IPD.
- Responsible for providing BIM support to the Infrastructure & Projects capital projects. This BIM Manager will be an integral member of the delivery team providing support as required across capital projects and input at every stage from project inception through to completion and handover.
- Responsible for reviewing, auditing and reporting on the quality of the submitted documentation and models against the Exchange Information Requirements issued currently by Client and industry best practice. Examples include:
o BIM Execution Plan (pre & post contact)
o Project Implementation Plan
o Asset Information Plan
o Master Information Delivery Plan
o Task Information Delivery Plan
o Digital Plan of Works
o COBie data drops at key project stages
o Project Information Model
o Asset Information Model
- Coordination and development of project designs through BIM processes such as 4D/ 5D to ensure consideration and optimisation of the opportunities for sustainability, digital engineering, buildability, carbon reduction, logistics, designing for maintenance and health, safety and welfare during construction and in-use.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a BIM deliverable programme for each project, tracking progress and ensuring that all consultants/ subcontractors are delivering in line with such.
- Management of the exchange of large amounts of project data with multiple consultants, contractors and suppliers through the Common Data Environment, proactively ensuring the required Level of Information Need and COBie data are submitted at each of the project stages, as per project-specific requirements.
- Chair regular BIM co-ordination and progress meetings with the wider project team for each project, including consultants, contractors and suppliers, and lead the model review sessions, including resolution of clash detection issues.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisation's equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.